5 Tips To A Squeaky Clean 2018 January 5, 2018
Have you started the 7 day declutter challenge from our last blog post? If not, I highly recommend taking a look at it! If you have completed it, I have 5 extra tips for you to make your home feel good as new and bring it back to life!
- Remove bathtub rings without chemicals – Scum lines in the bathtub are such a pain to get out so using harsh chemicals seems like the only way. Good news! Using a grapefruit and sea salt will replace those chemicals and get your tub spotless. Cut a grapefruit in half and dip it in sea salt. Then scrub along the bottom of your tub for instant results. Plus, your bathroom will smell amazing!
- Erase water rings from wooden surfaces – You didn’t think this was possible, did you? Think again! Use a hairdryer to dry out the stains on your wooden surfaces, then refresh them with olive oil. You can also put a dry cloth over them and warm the surface with an iron.
- Clean oil stains with Coca-Cola – Not just a refreshing beverage anymore! Pour the coke onto the stain and give your garage floor a good scrub. Coca-Cola is also good for removing stains in clothing and on the carpet.
- Bring your leather couch back to life – Is your couch starting to look weathered? Use shoe polish (same colour as your furniture and remove all excess) to cover scratches. All your friends will ask if you got new furniture..secrets safe with me.
- Clean your blinds – Lingering dust on your blinds will make your windows look dull, regardless if you just cleaned them. Now is the time to put those old socks to use! Use a 50/50 water and vinegar mixture and clean with those socks. Dull windows no more!
Easy, right? Homeowners who’s living spaces are cluttered or disorganized are more likely to experience depression or fatigue than those who do it regularly. Taking the time to do a deep clean every few months will not only make your home look great, but will also make you feel happier and ready to tackle the challenges of the new year!
Do you have any cleaning tips to give your home a simple refresh? We’d love to hear it! Comment below, and have a great weekend!
The Joelson Team