Snow Day Crafts For Kids February 16, 2018
Good Morning! When it’s too cold or snowy out for the kids to play outside, do you find yourself looking for something new and fun to do with them while you’re all stuck inside? Or if you just love doing crafts, this will be fun for you too!
This one is called Tissue Paper Art
What you will need:
-bleeding tissue paper (if you don’t have you can try regular tissue paper)
- Cut the tissue paper into small squares
- Spread the tissue paper squares onto the watercolour paper. If you plan on bringing the tissue paper outside, secure the squares with a small drop of water so they don’t blow away
3. Take the paper outside, or bring the snow inside. If it is snowing, allow the snow to fall gently on top of the paper. If not, sprinkle a small amount of snow on top of the paper.
4. Bring the snow covered paper indoors and place the paper on a tray. As the snow melts, the dye from the tissue will “bleed” into the watercolour paper, leaving behind a vibrant wash of colour!
Watch the colours swirl as the snow melts!
5. Allow the tissue paper and watercolour paper to dry completely.
6. When both papers are dry, gently brush away the tissue paper
7. If you like, mount the tissue paper onto a piece of coloured paper with double sided tape.
Enjoy your beautiful piece of art!